Saturday, July 20, 2024

The Proof is in the Post (not the pudding!)

 

I can never muster the enthusiasm that I see in the faces of younger writers with their earliest books, as they open a box of books. We didn't have videos in those days (very little film of linguistically innovative poets at all, which is why I loved posting videos of the 'English Strain' poems as I wrote them, see below). I have still some proof reading to do and then British Standards and The Necessity of Poetics will both be available from Shearsman. In fact, they (and all my other books) are advertised and ready for order here anyway: Sheppard, Robert (shearsman.com)). 


This video shows me juggling with Keats, both with one of his sonnets, and, in performance, with his life mask. Enjoy. You may get British Standards here  Shearsman Books buy Robert Sheppard - When Bad Times Made for Good Poetry, (despite the title on the link, and you can read how it felt in the middle of compsing these most contemporary of poems, here: Pages: Robert Sheppard: 14 Standards from British Strandards is complete as one sonnet appears at the virtual WOW Festival 2020 (hub post)