Tuesday, August 13, 2024

British Standards and The Necessity of Poetics published simultaneously


 
If you follow this blog, you will know that I have two new books out, but you might not have known they were published simultaneously by Shearsman - and I’d like you to know about them both. One, British Standards, is a volume of my transpositions of Romantic sonnets, the second, The Necessity of Poetics, a collection of various writings about, on or of poetics as a writerly discourse. 



Here I 'fake' unbox them. 

You might want to buy them both. The best link for that is 

Sheppard, Robert (shearsman.com) That's 'my' page, with all of my books from Shearsman. The two new ones are on page two. 

There is information on both books, and sample pages. 

More homely are my posts on this blog, one for British Standards here: Pages: British Standards published by Shearsman - out now (robertsheppard.blogspot.com)

And another for The Necessity of Poetics here: Pages: The Necessity of Poetics - out now! (robertsheppard.blogspot.com)

The volumes meet in the first essay in The Necessity of Poetics, which is the poetics of, or for, the poems in British Standards. Otherwise, they are quite distinct.