Saturday, June 02, 2018

Celebrate Italy’s Republic Day with European Union of Imaginary Authors poet Lucia Cianglini

Celebrate Italy’s Republic Day with European Union of Imaginary Authors poet Lucia Cianglini who was created by myself. What I mean by that is that she is one of the 5 fictional poets who actually appear in ATranslated Man as one of the 'fictional poets' of the fictional poet Rene Van Valckenborch: Belgian dolls, as I put it. That’s why she has a page here on the EUOIA website. This site was put together before I embarked on Twitters for a Lark which was mainly collaboratively written, except for the five poets.  This collection marks a continuation of the work I ventriloquised through Van Valckenborch in A Translated Man (read an early account here; the book is also available from Shearsman here ).

But the best place outside of my two books to read Cianglini is here.

Read more about the European Union of Imaginary Authors here and here. All the collaborators are accessible via links here.


More on Twitters here and here

I see these two books as the first two parts of a fictional poetry trilogy. One possible plan I have is to get the remaining 4 fictional poets in A Translated Man to continue Cianglini's epic poem &. I outlined that plan here, in a piece in which I intimate the existence of EUGE: The European Union of Generative Experimentalists is better. Euge! is German for well, well done.  Here’s an example from Cianglini's ‘Poem 5’, about the ampersand spotted in Cork that set her poem (and mine) off:

& an ampersand ghosted on the wall over from the coffee shop
is a hollow in a headlock with nothing to say to us
& there’s too much for the mind to do each second...
 
But maybe I won't do anything to follow up on the glories of the two 'fictional poetry' books. Perhaps that plan will be like a phantom limb sticking up numb and unfeeling from the corpse of the EUOIA. But documented in all its potentiality (which would be perfectly in keeping with the notion of 'genereative experimentation', wouldn't it?). The ideas here would be then part of the elaborate background to some other fiction, as yet undreamt... Billy Mills thinks I should walk away from these fictions. He might be right. See his review of Twitters here.