I’ve had another poem published on (or is it in?) International Times and, as ever, I would like to thank poetry editor Rupert Loydell for this. It’s very short, ‘Revenge on Culture’, and it is a response to a photograph called ‘Revenge on Culture’, one of Lee Miller’s ‘blitz’ photos. It is not the image reproduced in International Times. (I can’t post the actual image; I have become wary after having been pursued for copyright fees by a copyright holder of an image I used. Indeed, I have pruned these posts considerably. But that’s, as they say, another story, though I don’t think I’ll make it another post.)
I have, actually, combined this single poem, which you may read here,
with two others, one of which also appeared on International Times, here:
although the third one didn’t (though see post below).
Given that they are short poems I have recorded videos of
them (at various times) and I intend to present all three now, as they are
jointly titled, and will, I hope, be published together one day:
Three Poems of War
1 Revenge on Culture (after a photograph by Lee Miller)
Video:
Post/text: Revenge on Culture |
IT
Background blogpost: this one!
2 Pretend-Sleep
Post/text: Pretend-Sleep | IT
Background blogpost: Pages:
'Pretend-sleep' published in International Times
3 Broken
Video:
Post/Background blogpost/text: Pages:
Ark and Archive page 1,000 - keeping a daily practice of writing going (It’s
part of a longer post about generative writing.)
*
Here’s one of many posts about appearing in International
Times: Pages:
And now more prose is published in International Times (and I reflect on that
too)., and this link takes you to all the pieces I have had in the magazine
(although there are a few extraneous items in the list too!) : Sheppard | Search Results | IT