Thursday, October 16, 2014

25 Edge Hill Poets: Natasha Borton

Natasha Borton

Poem: 

Ar Lan y Môr

(Down by the Sea)


Seaweed cracks the sand;  an echo of the 'll'

'll' against the shore.

Pressing my fingerprints,

feeling the dry caress against my skin.


In the distance,  

the sky mimics the white tipped tide.


I fold the sea bed around me.

Shards of sea shells; cregyn;

gnaw at knots in my hair.


Quills with shadows of feather lie across my palms dipping into the ink of my wrist


and I

 holding my breath wait -

familiar with the taste of salt on my lips - 

for the sea to take me home

Links:


My time at Edge Hill:

There is no doubt in my mind that Edge Hill has made me the writer and person that I am today. It is a space filled with opportunities and encouragement.

Poetics:

There is a blurred line between music and poetry. I use my experience as a singer to explore the musical space in language.

Natasha is currently a student on the MA in Creative Writing. Details here.