Wednesday, February 25, 2015

25 Edge Hill Poets: Janka Theisler


The link to my blog (which has some poetry on it amongst other things) is:   http://apieceofmyhead.wordpress.com/

My time at Edge Hill:

Everything I hoped it would be and way more. In Scientia Opportunitas.

My poetics:

My writing ranges on a wide scale from experimental sound poetry to image-based poems. Eclectic with heavily nostalgic elements at times. I like writing about places (mostly cities) and collaborating with artists. Also, I'm influenced by my fascination for linguistics and in particular, phonetics.

Glock 19 (9mm)
vs
Škorpion vz. 61 (7.65mm)
fully automatic
One Clip Duel
Tfft, Tfft, Tfft -
                    Duck
                            Aim
                                Fire -
Pshahh. Pshahpshahpshahpshah.
      
                                    Listen.
Duck again -
Tfft-Tfft-Tfft-Tfft-Tfft
Ready,
          Aim,
               Fire back
Pshahpshahpshah. Pshah. Pshah. Pshahpshah.
                         Get. Down.
                         Now.
Tfft-Tfft-Tfft-
                                -Tfft
                                                                  Return,
Pshahpshahpshah
Tfft
Pshahhhh
Tfft
Pshah Pshah Pshah Pshah
Empty.
Tff-t -
                                 Bleed.
Kalashnikov
(AK-47)
fully automatic
TaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa
Click,
ClingClingCling
Vfoom, 
             Click.
TaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa
ClickClingClingClingVfoomClick
TaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa
ClickClingClingClingVfoomClickTaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa


Immigrat-ed

Tea with milk, not lemon

The wrong side of the road

This is not my house.


My pillow is not continental

Neither is my breakfast

This is not my bed.


This is not my street,

These are not my things,

This is not my life


Tiny packs of crisps

Language barriers

It's okay, just sit there and do nothing.


Colloquialisms

This is just too strange

These are not my friends.


Uniformed

The tie, the shirt, the blazer, the shoes -

These are not my clothes.


Can I go home yet?

Just sit and say nothing.

This is not my time.


This is not my tongue,

This is not my home,

This is not my mind


No interaction

Just keep your mouth shut,

This is not my name.


Details of the MA in Creative Writing, of which Janka is now a student, at Edge Hill may be read here.