Saturday, July 14, 2018

France's National Day and EUOIA poet Carte-Vitale (presented by Sandeep Parmar and myself)



How Paris looks to Carte-Vitale

Remember France's National Day with European Union of Imaginary Authors poet Carte-Vitale. With Sandeep Parmar I created the poem of Carde-Vitale for Twitters for a Lark: Poetry of the European Union of Imaginary Authors. Nothing is known about this writer except that that he/she/e/they resides in Paris. The reader should investigate the poem, not consult the biographies, of course.

Sandeep reads the whole poem on a video of the Manchester launch of Twitters. You can read about the evening  here. But the video is here:


Speaking of videoes, the vids of The EUOIA Other Room reading from last August are now available here.

Read more about the European Union of Imaginary Authors here and here. All the collaborators are accessible via links here.

All the poets are collected in Twitters for a Lark, published by Shearsman. 


More on Twitters here and here.


I have posited a possible continuing fiction here, but I am unsure how I shall carry the plot forwards. Or even (as I think of it now) if I will. I have plans, but nothing I want to pursue. However, the whole project is a series of fragments, not in the sense that nothing is finished, but in the sense that the little that is offered to the reader (Carte-Vitale's single poem, for example) suggests all the other potential poems that the individual fictional poets might have written.